Wednesday, February 3, 2010

31 - Purdy's Mayans

I've been thinking it would be a good idea to add a category to JSVB devoted to food.  I find food to be very important, and good food even more so.  The problem is that great food has many dimensions beyond just visuals.  I'll try to convey the goodness of food as best I can through art and photography. 


I'll start with some chocolates from Purdy's.  These are the brand new "Mayans" line of candy.  Little chocolate ziggurats filled with delicious smooth centres and a subtle toffee crunch.  We will ignore the Mayan history of using these pyramids for human sacrifices, just as we hope that the product line will last well beyond December 2012 (note the calendar on the package that's about to run out.)  The four flavours are Almond Butter, Coffee Crunch, Peanut Butter Crunch, and Pistachio Crunch.  Delicious!  A great, affordable way to celebrate the end of the world as we (and/or the Mayans) know it.