Monday, October 24, 2016

1297 - Homemade Necronomicon IV

This is the next batch of images for Necronomicon pages.  According to lore, the Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred wrote his Book Of The Dead in his own blood and bound the book in flesh.  Yuck, right?  Abul Alhazred was the name H.P. Lovecraft made up for himself as a child.  I'm not sure whether I should be impressed or frightened by that.  Take your pick.

Instead of flesh and blood, I used an Epson colour printer and cheap printer paper.  I thought I had tested the ink for runs when wet, but as I recall I had tested an HP printer.  Epson ink will run a little if it gets wetted.  The cheap paper ran like Usain Bolt.  So, next Necronomicon I make, if I survive the process, I will include a special curse for Dunder Mifflin.  From now on, I will buy the highest quality printer paper I can find. 

Click on any image to embiggen: