Friday, May 26, 2017

1377 - Gerbera Girl Treatment


Today, while shopping for houseplants (the first time I've ever used that phrase on JSVB, I'm not much of a botanist), I saw a pretty girl carrying around a potted Gerbera daisy.  The girl was attractive in a way that reminded me of Olivia de Havilland, and the plant she carried was the most stereotypical plant you could ever hope to see: a bright round orange face, a tall emerald green stalk with exactly three perpendicular leaves, and a humble terracotta pot.  

The composition looked exactly like a cover for The New Yorker.  I was too shy to ask the girl to pose for a camera, even if I was carrying a camera.  So, I will illustrate what I saw.  It took some work to wrangle this sketch to the point where I think it resembles the girl.  The daisy is omitted for now.